Monday, November 28, 2011

Hopkinton High School Exchange

By Morgan Holden

Each year Hopkinton High School takes part in the year long journey with several wonderful exchange students. This year we have four students joining our student body: Christopher Mara on from Ecuador, Laura Walter from Germany, Ahmad Ab from Kuwait, and Fredrika Kok from Germany as well.


I was personally able to sit down with each student and talk to them about themselves and how their stay has been so far, and they all had a considerable amount to say. “I like to play soccer and tennis, I as well play bass and I am in three bands back home,” says Christopher, a senior at HHS “I love to play jazz band here and I also like my photography class."

Laura, a junior who comes to us from Stuttgart, Germany (which is two hours from Lindau, where our German class resides for the exchange program), is joining our Nordic ski team this year. “I’m going to do Nordic this winter it’s going to be nice since I’ve never skied before, and this place seems to have quite a bit of snow so it will be fun. Laura also enjoys her host family and going on trips around New England over the weekend.

Ahmad, a junior at HHS, also had much to say. “My name is Ahmad but some people call me A.B., I play a lot of soccer back home and I love steaks here! I also like talking to people and building house models out of wood." Ahmad also said, “I would also like to say that Hopkinton is a great and wonderful place and is full of wonderful people."


Hopkinton High School is lucky to share the journey that each of our exchange students are on, and I encourage you all to approach and meet them if you already haven’t!

No comments:

Post a Comment