Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Grimm Brothers Spectaulathon

By PEngland

Despite the fact that some people were sick, The Grimm Brothers Spectaulathon went on as planned and the show was great. The Middle School saw the play without Ned Yonkers and Maddie Cairns because one was sick and the other had a sore throat. Ms. Gelineau said that when someone had to fill-in, the person found out an hour before the show, and someone else found out the day before. Ms. G. decided the changes in the cast. Cast member Reuben Meister thought the changes were going to be “not good” when he first found out, but admits the members who filled in “did a really good job.” The plan was to help each other out.

Yonkers and Cairns were back for the remaining shows. “The narrators were my favorite because they told a good story,” said Mrs. Gagnon. She thought the play was clever and her son Riley thought it was funny. “I think that Cinderella was funny,” said Mrs. Gagnon. After the show, Mrs. Gagnon said watching the play made her feel happy. Ms. Gelineau felt excited for the next show. Ms. G. said “I think the students did well.” It was Ms. G. idea to pick out the play. Ms. Gelineau said her favorite part of the whole production was “When the students worked together.”

Reuben thought it was funnier than the audience seemed to think it was. He felt good after the show was over. Kind of a hard question “I am glad I was cast as my character.” Reuben played multiple roles in the last play. “Switching roles for some it was kind of awkward. After 100 or something times it got easier by the end I was pretty comfortable.” When I was acting in the show I really liked it. The most difficult about switching roles was “Running back and forth was hard. I actually had to do outside exercise to be able to do it or else I’d get really winded.” “I liked Hansel and Gretel because did a good job interacting with the crowd” said Reuben.

If the audience enjoyed themselves as much as Reuben Meister enjoyed acting in the plays, then everyone awesome night out.

No comments:

Post a Comment