Friday, October 1, 2010

Fresh Talent


by Lindsay White


When the seniors graduate, there is room for more players on varsity. Not only are the juniors and sophomores aspiring to make the team, but the upcoming freshmen are too. The lucky few who made girls varsity are: Courtney Benson, Sabrey Montore, and Kelly Scammon. Nikki Cullinan and Caroline Sweny are swing players, meaning they play both JV and Varsity.


When asked if they thought there were high expectations from them, Benson responded, “We’re younger so they expect us to play good.” Even though Benson is emerging as one of the best players on the team, she still feels she has to play her best all the time. Scammon was asked how it feels being a freshman on varsity? She responded, “Even though I’m a goalie, it’s cool to say I’m a starter.” Montore’s favorite game was “definitely the first game when we won against Belmont in double overtime.” When asked if they have learned more by playing on varsity, Cullinan says, “Yes I have, I have learned many positions than I knew before.” And Scammon says, “I learned how to be a goalie.”

No comments:

Post a Comment